Menu
Lassie9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connection drop outs

I have been increasingly experiencing connection drop outs/connection issues recently on my PC. I have checked to see if there are any issues in the area and apparently not.  I have implemented the option to check out whether there are issues on my PC - says it will only take a couple of minutes and the results will be shown - never completes the diagnostic - just says they are trying to sort the issue out and to restart the computer in 10 minutes and the issue should have been resolved.  This has never happened.  Have tried this option a couple of times.

It appears to me the issues being experienced have happened ever since the increase in speed that has recently been carried out (I did not ask for this but got it anyway).   

Virgin Email - sometimes takes forever to connect and sometimes only does this when I refresh the page.  The Virgin chat guy I dealt with had me turn the Hub off and then on again.  He said that I was using an old version of Chrome - but as far as I can see this is not the case as I subsequently uninstalled Chrome and then reinstalled but the same problem exists.

I have also noted that connectivity has also been an issue with regard to the Roku streaming unit I have. ( This has only happened within the last week or so.) but has also been happening to my phone and tablet occasionally.

What is happening with Virgin Media?  I have been a happy user for many years - but it is becoming a tiresome nuisance that is trying my patience.  I can see from the forum that I am not the only one having these issues with connectivity.  Is this problem being investigated by Virgin?

Has anyone any ideas what the issue may be?  I would say that I am not technical minded at all - and any remedies that can be offered to put the matter right would need to be in very simple step by step language.  The Hub2 is not very old (a couple of years maybe).  It is sited well.  

I would appreciate any help possible please.     Many thanks.     Lassie9

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection drop outs

Hi Lassie9,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic on your account and I can see an issue with your Downstream Power levels that's likely causing the issue. I'd like to send a technician to adjust your levels and get you back up to speed!

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Fab to hear that this has been sorted for you Lassie9,

Please feel free to let us know if we can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Lassie9,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic on your account and I can see an issue with your Downstream Power levels that's likely causing the issue. I'd like to send a technician to adjust your levels and get you back up to speed!

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Lassie9
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning Josh

Technician visited today and fully agreed with your diagnostic and subsequently remedied the situation.

So far, so good.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards Lassie9

0 Kudos
SquisyToots
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning we are having the same issues, when hard wired internet is fine... anything connected via wifi keeps losing connection we have followed all the videos and guide's... any help would be greatfull.
0 Kudos
Lassie9
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning.  

Had Virgin Media Technician today who confirmed Josh's diagnosis of something to do with downstream (don't ask me for an explanation of this as I am completely not technical minded).  The Technician re-set the levels and everything so far is good.

Suggest you contact the technicians and ask them to check your system (apparently they can look at what your hub is doing) - and if it is the same issue, they can arrange for someone to home visit.

Very impressed with the response once the technicians took hold of the issue.

Hope this helps.

SquisyToots
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Fab to hear that this has been sorted for you Lassie9,

Please feel free to let us know if we can help with anything more.

Take care,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SquisyToots,

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing issues with your connection.

I've responded to your thread for us to chat about this some more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos