Menu
Ragnarok96
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection bad and always getting worse

Hi there,

The line here is simply put just awful; there are dropouts at least 10 times a day and a large portion where Ethernet connections will not work even though the wifi users are still fine; I have a feeling something may be up with the hub or coaxial cable or both. It was bearable when we first moved on but it has progressively became worse and even browsing the web is a great frustration and windows says there is nothing wrong but if I can't even load a webpage for half an hour clearly something is!!! I assume this post will give virgin access to the line to test stuff from IP. The router has been factory reset a lot though and that really doesn't solve any problems for very long at all! Please for the love of god and my sanity help!! Never had an issue with BT

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection bad & always getting worse

Hey Ragnarok96,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems, I know how frustrating it can be when your connection isn't performing well.

I've taken a look at your Superhub and everything looks normal. You mentioned that your wireless devices remain connected when your Ethernet connection fails, does the Ethernet connection fail on multiple devices, or just the one?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ragnarok96
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, many thanks for the reply.

It drops out for all devices on ethernet. But then there are times where it drops out for everyone even the wi-fi users; it's very frustrating and nothing seems to solve the problem. I've tried multiple ethernet cables, but nothing seems to work for too long.

0 Kudos
Ragnarok96
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The network part of task manager looks like this and it gets smaller and smaller when these issues occur -- all throughput is gone eventually

babee542756f47ddd58cfea51b3e9f2f

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ragnarok96,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and look into this for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos