Menu
_m_i_c_k_
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Connection Loss - Teeside

A couple of weeks ago I was given a new router when your engineer found that the reason I was getting very low speeds was becuase my old router was trying to update itself but couldn't.

I noticed the new router would drop connection every now and then but it wasn't too bad at first - now

it is dropping every 5 or 10 minutes (today has been the worst). This happens whether I use wireless or ethernet. Is this being caused by a problem in the Teeside area or is it at my end again? Could you look into it for me - I'll post my Download/Upload here as it is usually asked for.

upstream.pngdownstream.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Loss - Teeside

hiya @_m_i_c_k_ when you check the downstream is only just showing 1 locked? or does it jump around between 1 locked and possible all locked
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
_m_i_c_k_
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

At the minute they are all locked so it looks like its jumping around. I'll keep an eye out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there _m_i_c_k_

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems, I know this can be inconvenient.

I've taken a look at your connection this morning and everything looks good right now.

Have you had any problems over the weekend?

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
_m_i_c_k_
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's really weird this. It will work for a few days then all of a sudden it will constantly keep dropping connection. Did it a few times yesterday then cleared up. Then started doing it again about midnight last night and by 2am it wouldnt work at all so I gave up on it. Put it on again this morning and it still wouldnt work for about 25 minutes. It's working at the minute. As stated earlier it is jumping from 1 download channel locked to all being locked.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

might be a faulty super hub.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there _m_i_c_k_,

Thanks for getting back to us about this.

I've had another look at your account for you and I can see that there is an SNR fault raised for the area, under the reference of F004732295, with a review date of 13/09/2016. This is known to cause intermittent connection. However, it's worth knowing that this was only recently raised. Therefore, the issues you were experiencing at the time of your last post seem to be independent from this.

I've checked the equipment levels and there does also appear to be an issue with the modem SNR upstream itself.

I have sent you a private message for us to chat about this some more. You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Catch you in a bit,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
_m_i_c_k_
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, here we go again - last week or two started getting lots of dropped connections. Will work for a day or so then a batch of disconnects :-(

I think I am on either my third or fourth router in 12 months so I cant believe this one is knackered as well. Can you please check if there are any

network faults in my area?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi _m_i_c_k_, 

Thanks for letting us know that you've started getting time outs again, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have run some tests on your connection from this side and I can't see anything out of the ordinary no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges. 

Are you still having these issues? If so please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here.

Also, when the connection drops what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

_m_i_c_k_
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Updown arrow flashes green and the tick arrow flashes blue

down.png

0 Kudos