Menu
davebarter
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection Constantly Dropping

My internet connection is dropping every minute at the moment. I VPN into a work VPN and it is impossible to maintain a connection for any length of time.

I am on a cable connection in SN3 and use the Superhub as connection only with my own router behind it. I replaced the router last week and get the same issue with two different routers so it must be a Virgin issue.

How can I troubleshoot and fix this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Constantly Dropping

Hi davebarter, 

Thanks for letting us know that your connection is constantly dropping and it's impossible to maintain a connection to your VPN, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some checks from this end and all looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges. 

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in, it will say 'Router Status' in the top right hand corner, click there and all the information needed is inside.

Also, is there any noticeable change to the Hubs light sequence when the connection drops?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davebarter
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have solved it.

I had 2 VPN connections running at once. Apparently you can only use one set of credentials at a time so dropping one of the vpn tunnels solved it all. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi davebarter, 

Thanks for the swift response!

I appreciate you letting me know that dropping one of your VPN tunnels has resolved things for you, this is great! Just remember if you require any assistance in future then post back here on the forums and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos