Menu
CombatWombat82
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connecting vm superhub to archer c9.

I'm trying to connect my superhub to my archer c9 and am haveing some trouble. Could you possibly walk me through the process.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting vm superhub to archer c9.

hiya @CombatWombat82 just need to make sure the router is set to use DHCP on connection method, give the archer c9 a good wireless name and complex wireless passphrase save/apply.. this is all covered in the router manual/guide
to get the 2 devices to talk to each other..
enable modem mode on the hub -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030... with ethernet cable attached from port closest to coax (white cable)
turn off both devices hub and archer c9
turn on hub (waiting for the lights to stabilize takes around 2 mins or less)
turn on the archer c9
internet should then work fine via the archer c9
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @CombatWombat82 just need to make sure the router is set to use DHCP on connection method, give the archer c9 a good wireless name and complex wireless passphrase save/apply.. this is all covered in the router manual/guide
to get the 2 devices to talk to each other..
enable modem mode on the hub -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030... with ethernet cable attached from port closest to coax (white cable)
turn off both devices hub and archer c9
turn on hub (waiting for the lights to stabilize takes around 2 mins or less)
turn on the archer c9
internet should then work fine via the archer c9
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
CombatWombat82
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no problem Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
madwayne
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hmmm

I am having issues, posted elsewhere on the forum.

just tried setting up the archer c9 as the main unit, now strangely doi g the process you outline gets the rcher c9 as showing as having an internet connection, but hardwired or wireless to the lap top I don't appear to have an internet connection.

1. some wired wiring?

2. just one of them weeks?

How should the Ethernet cable be connected between the two devices, right now I am direct from  laptop to superhub, superhub button is purple.

0 Kudos