Menu
mistermarty
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Connecting a wireless IP camera... HELP!

Can anybody help me? I've been trying to connect my new IP camera to my home network for the past few days, but just can't seem to get it working properly.  I have managed to get it working to the point where I can view it over my own network connected devices (i.e. via my laptop or smartphone when connected to my super hub), but can't seem to view it over the internet from elsewhere (mobile network etc).  I did have some success in this area a  few days ago, whereby I could view over the internet from another location, but I had to have the camera connected to the super hub with a cable - as soon as the cable was disconnected I lost the picture.

Having searched online on this subject, I have seen some comments pointing towards port forwarding and various other things I've never heard of (or understand).  Any advice would be very much appreciated, however I must warn you that I'm a bit of a biff with some of this technical stuff, so please be patient with me!!

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
tmsh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connecting a wireless IP camera... HELP!

The eBay link I found it suggests it's a B1 Series IP Camera?

If so the following seems to be the manual:

http://solidgoldsecurity.com.au/b1-series-ip-camera-user-manual/

There's a port-forwarding section which suggests it's expecting TCP/UDP 1025 which I'm presuming is a default.

Maybe that helps?  Don't forget to change the default password otherwise I guess anybody could connect.

So you would login to your Superhub and configure the port forward settings as appropriate.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mistermarty, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties getting your cameras up and running. It's likely you will need to apply a few port forwarding rules. Here is a guide on how apply port forwarding to your Superhub. I'm not sure what specific ports you may need but you may find the article helpful as a reference. 

Let us know how you get on, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hiya @mistermarty can you post the make and model of camera
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
mistermarty
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi paultechy. Thanks for your message. I'm not sure what the manufacturer is, it's one that I was bought for xmas. There is no brand name or model number on the box or the unit. It was bought from ebay and the item number was 261374091930, which can still be viewed if you type into the search box. Sorry I can't be any more specific.

Thanks again for your help.

Martin

0 Kudos
tmsh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The eBay link I found it suggests it's a B1 Series IP Camera?

If so the following seems to be the manual:

http://solidgoldsecurity.com.au/b1-series-ip-camera-user-manual/

There's a port-forwarding section which suggests it's expecting TCP/UDP 1025 which I'm presuming is a default.

Maybe that helps?  Don't forget to change the default password otherwise I guess anybody could connect.

So you would login to your Superhub and configure the port forward settings as appropriate.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mistermarty, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties getting your cameras up and running. It's likely you will need to apply a few port forwarding rules. Here is a guide on how apply port forwarding to your Superhub. I'm not sure what specific ports you may need but you may find the article helpful as a reference. 

Let us know how you get on, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

mistermarty
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Fab, thanks for your assistance. After hours of searching through various websites etc, I have managed to get the damn thing working!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey mistermarty, 

You're more than welcome that's why we're here. 

Thanks for updating me I'm so pleased to hear that you've managed to resolve the issue, it can be tedious can't it! 

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Churchillfc
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi can you tell me how you did it please mistermarty

Thanks

0 Kudos
robert25
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi - so how did you do it ?  What was the missing component ?  I have exactly the same problem. Thanks 

0 Kudos
danny4062
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have this same problem. I can view the camera from within the network. I can only view it from he web if the camera still has the ethernet  connected. As soon as i unplug it i lose the connection. Any help is appreciated. I have the sricam ap009 camera. Regards

0 Kudos