Menu
dave123456789
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Connecting SRICAM wireless IP cam to superhub 3

Hi there

I am hoping somebody can help....I bought this camera....not sure how safe it is....reviews looked decent and it's just to monitor the home on rare occasion somebody isn't in. I have an alarm as well but double caution!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ONEVER-Sricam-SP009/dp/B015IIFR6K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_txt?ie=UTF8

I have a Virgin media super hub 3 modem that I got recently.

I am not the most techcy but read some reviews and its possible its only compatible with 2.4 part of the modem whatever that means?

FOR ME IT JUST WOULD NOT CONNECT UP TO THE MODEM WHEN THAT ANNOYING IS BEEPING

Also - there is something about port forwarding I read but don't want to touch any settings in case I mess up!!..

please can anybody help as I would love to use this item else return.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
dave123456789
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting SRICAM wireless IP cam to superhub 3

Amazon Review 1

Beware this camera requires 2gWiFi. I have Virgin dual band 5g&2.4g. I really wanted this to work so I spent hours trying to get the Camera to find the 2.4g network. All attempts were done in the same room as the router but no luck. Sricam TV contacted me as a purchaser asking if it was okay and when I explained the problem they made every effort including a replacement to resolve the problem, but I had to return it as unsuitable for me. It is a shame as the product is obviously good value, see the various videos on YouTube. I think the problem is the 2.4g on the dual band router. Disappointed.

Amazon Review 2

For the price, the make of the product seemed OK but because we could not get it to link to our WIFI (Virgin Router) or get the APP to recognise the camera I had to send it back.
0 Kudos
dave123456789
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys any ideas??

this seems a specific issue related to virgin media routers / modems as its band...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @dave123456789 first thing would be to split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz into different SSID (wireless names), first would be to login into hub via http://192.168.0.1 password is on the hub and wireless settings and gave the 2.4ghz and 5ghz different wireless names apply/save and see if the SRICAM can connect
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
dave123456789
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi happy. To try this but will this split mean th devices won't auto connect to best one meaning it won't work optimum performance ...

annoying cos it seems only virgin media users have trouble with this camera

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

most devices would be using the 5ghz band, so shouldn't really impact on optimum performance... other option would be putting the hub into modem mode and using a 3rd party router, something like a asus rt68u series.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos