Menu
seamat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Connected but no internet

Had a strange problem the last couple of days where you'll turn on a pc or Android tablet and it shows as connected but has no Internet access. The tablet is on WiFi but my windows 10 pc is ethernet.

On the pc it showed a network ip address but I could not access the hub or do an ipconfig/renew. Other devices already connected to the network were working happily. Eventually I've rebooted the hub and they then connect fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
pernodcadet
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connected but no internet

I have been having same problem - having to reboot almost daily...any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
morrijr
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I too am having issues which require rebooting the hub. It appears that the DNS servers are port scanning me?!

Capture.PNG

Every time it happens the only way to recover is to pull the power from the superhub. Hardly convenient Smiley Sad

The symptoms appear the same; connected without internet.

0 Kudos
Jingleman
Up to speed
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Same problem for me over past 2 days.

Super Hub 2ac powered up and all lights as should be, however on booting-up my PC with ethernet cable connection, PC confirms ethernet connected but no DNS settings are shown. 

Power re-cycle of Super Hub resolves, but needs a fix, or to advise why a new problem.

Network cable replaced, and in my case no obvious errors shown in network log.

02/01/2017 11:50:22 GMT 02/01/2017 11:50:22 GMT Error (4) 68010302 DHCP WAN IP - **.**.***.***
02/01/2017 11:49:38 GMT 02/01/2017 11:49:38 GMT Error (4) 68000407 TOD established
Time Not Established Time Not Established Notice (6) 84000510 Downstream Locked Successfully

Super Hub 2ac V1.01.11

Add me to the list!

Thanks

0 Kudos
seamat
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

seamat wrote:
Had a strange problem the last couple of days where you'll turn on a pc or Android tablet and it shows as connected but has no Internet access. The tablet is on WiFi but my windows 10 pc is ethernet.

On the pc it showed a network ip address but I could not access the hub or do an ipconfig/renew. Other devices already connected to the network were working happily. Eventually I've rebooted the hub and they then connect fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Same thing again this morning.  Phones connected still via wifi fine, all newly booted devices connecting to the network via ethernet or wifi had no internet.  Reboot the hub and it came back to life.  Any of the Matrix Court experts around to give me an idea of what is going on?

0 Kudos
BWeberA3
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same with connecting my phone to the wifi. It will last for a short duration and then it will say connected but I actually do not have connection through my phone. Having to pull the power on the Hub almost every day. Ridiculous. Pushes us to look at competing products/services nowadays.

0 Kudos
Jingleman
Up to speed
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ok, it's happened yet again today

12/01/2017 12:19:12 GMT 12/01/2017 12:19:12 GMT Error (4) 68010302 DHCP WAN IP - **.**.***.***
12/01/2017 12:18:11 GMT 12/01/2017 12:18:11 GMT Error (4) 68000407 TOD established
Time Not Established Time Not Established Notice (6) 84000510 Downstream Locked Successfully
12/01/2017 11:57:17 GMT 12/01/2017 11:57:17 GMT Error (4) 68000407 TOD established

As can be seen from the Super Hub's log entry above, at first power up there was no DHCP, only succeeded after power cycle.

Since my original post on 2 January, firmware has been upgraded to V2.01.11, but problem existed before that.

Cables have been checked.

Can someone from Cable Forum Team now look at these postings, please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi seamat

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, that's a bit of a strange one. Is there anything showing in the network log when this happens? I'd recommend trying a pinhole reset to see if this makes an improvement but if not we'll get an engineer out to you to look into this/replace the hub. I'll send you a PM with some further info.

Speak soon

Ty

P.S Let's hope we do the business against Arsenal tomorrow 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jingleman
Up to speed
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ty,

Re your reply to @seamat

In my case this has happened to me before this month, in fact a few times over a few months. I did a pinhole reset back then, as you do,  but the problem did come back again.

As per copy from Super Hub log in previous post there is no DHCP so it takes a power cycle to fix. In my PC's network connection it show there's "ethernet" but no DNS and hence just a locally generated IP address.

It's intermittent, so a little difficult to track down if Super Hub or a network cause.

Please advise if you wish to swap out Super Hub or book engineer.

PS: When I said in my earlier post that the lights on Super Hub were all OK, there were none lit-up for wi-fi until DNS came back, but that's sort of logical really.

Thanks

0 Kudos
pernodcadet
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Still having connection problems - has anyone found a solution by changing router?

0 Kudos