Menu
mattinglis
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connected but no internet connection

Last night, my internet connection continuously dropped and started back again, though none of my devices lost connection while this was happening. Restarting it at first seemed to help, but as I was about to sleep it disconnected again and restarting the router didn't help so I just kept it turned off until this morning.

This morning when I went to turn it back on, all my devices connected but there is 0 internet access, on any of my devices. I've tried resetting it by pressing down the pinhole button for 20 seconds but this has had no effect. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connected but no internet connection

Can you use the Check Service Status facility (top right of this screen) to see if there is a known service issue affecting your postcode area.  If you have a VM landline you can also dial 150 option 1 to see if there is any recorded service announcement.

You can also check that your cable connections to the hub and wall socket are tight.

If still no joy, then you'll need to phone VM and arrange an engineer visit.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
mattinglis
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I should have stated, I've been checking the service status since last night and it has continuously said "No known issues".
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattinglis, 

Thanks for getting in touch about your issues with being connected but having no internet access, I apologise for any inconvenience, I will do my best to help get this sorted for you.

I have tried to test things from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. I will need some information from you in order to proceed with diagnostics.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos