Menu
omendata
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Confirmation From Intel That Superhub 3.0 "May" Be Faulty Due To The Cpu Chip Used

dabozuk
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confirmation From Intel That Superhub 3.0 "May" Be Faulty Due To The Cpu Chip Used

Has the intel firmware been made available for this bug, and has Virgin Media conforpirmed confirmed this will fix the much reported Superhub 3 latency/lag/high ping issues?

I have just been given a Superhub 3 as part of a deal-sweetener to revoke my account cancellation, and activating the device starts my new contract (I should still have 14 days cooling off). So I'd rather know in advance if this is resolved before I "upgrade" my Superhub to Superhub 3.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confirmation From Intel That Superhub 3.0 "May" Be Faulty Due To The Cpu Chip Used

I heard a rumour somewhere that intel are having problems fixing this... however its an unconfirmed rumour so...

0 Kudos
dabozuk
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I installed my new Hub 3.0 and it had made a big difference to my home network. Pings are lower consistently, no lag spikes (so far) and upload speed is steady 10mbps.

Downloads haven't exceeded 90mbps on my supposed increased 150mbps bandwidth. But it's fine for my use. 

The thing that surprised me was the quality of the wifi. It's as good as my Asus wireless router, so good I've turned that off.

It's early days but so far it has been a good experience upgrading from Superhub 1 to Hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your downloads were by wireless and on the 2.4GHz band (you didn't say) then 90 meg is about it.

Glad you're fine wit it. I've been pleased with my Hub 3 for quite some time.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
dabozuk
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No the 90mbps is wired to my gaming PCs and Apple TV.

The wireless devices (tablets and phones) seem to get a more varied download speed - tonight I can only get 35mbps on my iPad 4, but that's all it needs. 

The other amazing difference is the range of the wifi. It reaches all parts of my house, with little drop in quality. I don't even need the WAP I had to install in the office to spread the signal around.

So in summary, the new Hub 3.0 has better wifi range, better wired network performance, consistently low ping and has made my WAP and Asus router redundant.

0 Kudos