Menu
gavcav
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Configuration of apple AirPort Extreme 6th gen with SH3?

I want to use my apple airport base stations (2 extremes and 2 express's) as my wifi network connecting to my VM SH3.
What is the correct configuration for the airports to connect to my hub, all by Ethernet,which will be in modem mode?
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Configuration of apple AirPort Extreme 6th gen with SH3?

The key paramater to set is DHCP+NAT.

You'd connect a PC or iPad or something to the Extreme when it is offline to the Hub 3.

If you work your way through the guidance at https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202068 , you'll reach the DHCP section - then as above.

When you've done the settings, switch off the Hub 3 (which needs to be in modem mode) & the Extreme, Connect the Extreme to the Hub 3. ANy port on the Hub 3 will do but I always attach to the bottom port in case VM change the firmware to make it common with the other hubs.

Then power on the Extreme and let it settle; when that's done - say a minute or so later - power on the HUB 3 which then finds the Extreme in a state of grace, allocates the WAN IP and you're away.

That's all really for the Extreme. For the Express devices, you'd need to explain a bit more of the topology. Like how will you bring Ethernet to the devices? Basically, once seen by Airport Utility with a properly configured Extreme you need to follow the instructions in http://down.dandu.be/AirPortExpress.pdf

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Configuration of apple AirPort Extreme 6th gen with SH3?

First Extreme should be in Modem Mode, the second one cables to in Bridge Mode. The two Expresses in bridge mode. Do not know if you are using Windows, a Mac or an iPad to set them up. I don't think the Windows version of the software is very good with the 6th version of the Extreme, I know it is ok with the 5th version (I have one of each version).

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos