Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10 (245 Views)

Compensation for broadband bad service

Been without broadband all day and always getting slow service. Have been told today by telephone helpline that there has been a known fault in this area for some time and that it will not be fully resolved until 19th April. He said we would be compensated but couldn't give details. Pay a fortune for this service. Not happy. Any advice on getting compensation?

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 10 (202 Views)

Re: Compensation for broadband bad service

I have never done this, but I think you have to get the fault reference number for the known fault then quote this to the people who deal with billing. I would have thought that this should be possible via calling 150.
Joining in
Message 3 of 10 (193 Views)

Ok, thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10 (168 Views)

Hello Pensam,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the fault in your area, I completely appreciate these faults can be frustrating. Checking your area I can see fault: F004976369 is present and being reviewed on the 19th April. I'm going to send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with more info.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 10 (126 Views)

I was without broadband from 17 July to 11 August because Virgin had (unknown to me) put a block on my cable.  I am being credited with the broadband proportion of my account for that period, but I also expect compensation for extra costs incurred by me (eg having to print things out elsewhere), appointments and events missed, lack of investment information, etc.  Virgin claim that their terms and conditions say no compensation is payable to domestic users but I cannot find any clear statement of this - and in any case it seems quite unreasonable especially as in my case the lack of service is entirely Virgin's fault.  I rang them repeatedly between 17 and 28 July but they just had a standard message that works were going on in my postcode and it was taking a long time to make the necessary repairs (a neighbour in my postcode had his broadband back and working on 17 July, but not me).  When I rang them on 6 August, I at last got to speak to a human being who made an appointment for an engineer to call here on 11 August (the standard 5-day delay).  When the engineer came, he took about 5 mins to remove the block and all was well.

Have other domestic customers managed to get compensation in situations like this?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 10 (133 Views)

compensation for absence of broadband service

I was without broadband from 17 July to 11 August because Virgin (unknown to me) put a block on my cable. I am being credited for the broadband element in this failure but Virgin say their terms and conditions refuse compensation to domestic customers for their extra costs and inconvenience incurred.  I cannot find this in their terms and conditions.  Has anyone experience of getting compensation in such circumstances?  When at last I was able to speak to a human being (instead of a standard announcement about works in my postcode area) and (after a week) the service was reinstated, there were 700 emails awaiting me (including appointments and events missed, information about investments, etc).

0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 7 of 10 (126 Views)

Re: compensation for absence of broadband service

[ Edited ]
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 8 of 10 (116 Views)

I've merged these duplicates to avoid confusion. Please remember basic Forum etiquette. One thread per issue - duplicate posting is very much not allowed.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 10 (73 Views)

I have already commented on the relevance of para Q to my case for compensation.  Please don't bother to repeat this again unless you have something helpful to say.

0 Kudos
Wise owl
Message 10 of 10 (59 Views)

milholland wrote:

I have already commented on the relevance of para Q to my case for compensation.  Please don't bother to repeat this again unless you have something helpful to say.

If you are referring to the post I made referencing VM's Terms and Conditions, the thread I originally responded to contained no comment from yourself in that regard.

You have failed to recognise that two seperate threads made by yourself, covering exactly the same issue were merged to avoid confusion. This has created the opposite effect.

I see you have now started yet another thread on the same topic http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/compensation-for-deliberate-withdrawal-of-broadband-servic... which can only confuse matters further.

In line with your request I will post nothing further in any threads started by yourself.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos