Menu
MrRock
Tuning in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Chromecast 1st gen and super hub 3

I see from previous posts on here there is a known issue with the 1st gen Chromecast and the super hub 3.
I recently moved to Virgin from Sky and initially my Chromecast was working but has now stopped connecting and I've been unable to get it working again after trying everything I can think of.
Is there any update or ETA on a firmware fix for this as it is very frustrating.
I also have a Fire TV stick which is working fine (for now anyway!)

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Tags (1)
Ryan121
Tuning in
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Chromecast 1st gen & super hub 3

I have the same issue and only got virgin on Saturday. I can't find any information about the router, firmware or how it updates and if you would know if it did.

I'm probably just going to end up buying the 2nd gen chromecast.
0 Kudos
IGC31
Joining in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue. Got new hub just before Christmas. Chromecast worked just after Christmas but did not work at the weekend.

Tried resetting the chromecast but that did not work. 

Any help, guidance, confirmation would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
MrRock
Tuning in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

From other posts here it's a known issue with the Hub 3, and we will need to await a firmware update being deployed, although it looks like some people seem to have also been offered an older model of router in the meantime.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Can-t-connect-chromecast-to-super-hub3/m...

0 Kudos
IGC31
Joining in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MrRock...will keep an eye out. Just strange that it did work and now doesn't. At least I won't waste any more time on it. Happy with new router so fingers-crossed firmware update will be sooner rather than later.
0 Kudos
Ryan121
Tuning in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Just got the 2nd generation version and tried it and it doesn't work as well. Not impressed!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Ryan121 wrote:

Just got the 2nd generation version and tried it and it doesn't work as well. Not impressed!

Try my workaround, half way down the page.

Also remember you'll need a 5g wireless device to see the 5g signal to setup the CC2.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Chromecast-not-working-with-Hub3-0/td-p/...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Ryan121
Tuning in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure I want to use that solution. I did try and set it up using my computer which I imagine is not 5ghz so I'll try with my phone later as I know it does use 5ghz.
0 Kudos
Ryan121
Tuning in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Turned router off for a minute and then on again. It worked after that. Had this same issue with by and their home hub but when I bought the home hub 4 it worked fine.

I don't think it will last though so virgin need to get this fixed for a permanent soltuion. I wish they gave us more information.
iamjack1982
Tuning in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Is there any update on the way to fix this issue with 1st gen CC and the superhub 3? My CC is apparently connected to my network but no device can seem to see it. How long has this issue been going on for? I only had VM installed last week. So far not impressed.

0 Kudos