Menu
Haggerty
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change internal ip

I have a Hub 3.0. I need to change the internal ip from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1. Is this possible?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Change internal ip

There is a thread, that you'll have to search for, that details the steps. It's not straightforward. I've tried a search for you, but gave up. It was all discussed this month (March).

The simpler way is to put the Hub 3 in modem mode and use an external router. Anyone serious about Internet does this because you then get full router functions.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos

All Replies
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is a thread, that you'll have to search for, that details the steps. It's not straightforward. I've tried a search for you, but gave up. It was all discussed this month (March).

The simpler way is to put the Hub 3 in modem mode and use an external router. Anyone serious about Internet does this because you then get full router functions.

Keep us posted.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I suspect this was the thread you were thinking of Seph in which Eddy29 came up with a rather convoluted way of changing the IP range (see page 2 of the thread).   http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-internal-network-address/td-p/3...

Unfortunately, scan reading the thread right through would seem to indicate that a software update to the Hub 3 made even Eddy's method unworkable.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave. I looked for that for a half hour before deciding it was a rightful job for the OP.

The link below (post #74) suggests to me that the method still works.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-internal-network-address/m-p/33...

0 Kudos
Haggerty
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried to set up a Netgear DGND 37002v2 wireless router with the Virgin Hub 3.0 in modem mode but the Netgear was unable to connect to the internet. Has anyone tried using one of these behind a Hub 3.0 in modem mode?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You are connecting the Hub to the Netgear's WAN port? Then you need to move the settings in the router away from DSL (which will be the default). Probably in advanced settings - just ensure it's on Auto-Detect. Respond to Ping is a good idea and MTU 1500. On the Advanced/ADSL Settings page, if you can disable DSL MODE, do so.

On the Basic/Internet page:
Require Login = NO
Account Name = Blank
Internet IP Address = Get dynamically
Domain Name = Get dynamically

That should do it.

Keep us posted.

0 Kudos