Menu
NatHammond1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Certain Devices can't find Superhub 3?

Hi All

We recently had Virgin Media installed and we had no problems with it at all, however a couple of weeks ago my laptop just decided to drop it's connection and since then it can't find the router at all, it picks up the wifi of people in and around me but even if I'm sat next to my hub it can't find a thing, it works if I plug it in via cable, but other than that it simply fails to even find the router, I've tried manually connecting it and I've even updated the network driver settings on my laptop, but to no avail.

Other than that my Partner and I both have a 3DS, her can connect to the router easily, mine however yet again simply can't find it, despite the fact my 3DS in newer than hers. Also my iPhone 7 connects fine, but her Samsung Galaxy can't find the router, is there any reason this is happening? It's such a frustration becase the download speeds are really good, however if half our devices can't connect to it we have no choice but to cancel it, which we really don't want to do, has anyone got any tips?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Certain Devices can't find Superhub 3?

Sounds like the 2G band has failed or been disabled but the 5g band is still running, try a factory reset
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Certain Devices can't find Superhub 3?

Hey NatHammond1,

Thanks for joining the community, welcome!

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties connecting some of your devices, this sounds frustrating.

If you're still having difficulties, try logging into your Hub and change the wireless channel. Our help article - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency will give you instructions.

Let me know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos