Menu
parkerhardie
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Cant connect NOW TV box to Superhub

Hi Everyone apologies this is my first post and I have posted this on the main page too!

I have bought a now tv box which will be our main tv now - we still have the TiVo box but just for freeview and playback (which I know we can do on the now tv box if I can get installed).

I am having major probs trying to install it to the superhub.  Last night spent over an hour online chat with not tv trying to connect it then a further hour with virgin who eventually put me to their chargeable team.

I am getting error code 014 - I have tried the whole press home 5 x then the ff play rewind thing fast to get me to the hidden screen to them disable to pings.  This does not help connect - I have also went into the superhub advanced settings and changed the channels from 11 to 6/1/9 and reboot now box everytime and it wont connect - it seems to find the first thing it asks for which I think is the connection but the other two is always has a red cross.

Can anyone help - it was really late last night so not sure if the virgin broadband team could have helped and they were not there.

Thanks in advance -

0 Kudos
pritpalspall
Joining in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant connect NOW TV box to Superhub

im not sure if this is any help but i got now TV few days ago and it connected to my hub 3.0 via wifi with no problems

maybe try and rename wifi SSID and change passwords on 5GHz (this is the only thing i changed on my hub)
0 Kudos
parkerhardie
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you pritpalspall.

Do I do this via the advanced settings on signing into the superhub?  Sorry not very techy.  Have just rang virgin media there to see if they will assist but sadly not :-(

So renaming the wifi to any name - how do I change the password?  I am scared that I end up doing something and I block myself out of the internet connection!

Thanks again for your reply.  Really wish I had not started it!

0 Kudos
pritpalspall
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

sign in to router, should be 192.168.0.1

to Advance Settings > wireless > Security

change WiFi Network Name (SSID) to anything you like

change WiFi password (security key) to something you can remember

hope this helps
0 Kudos
parkerhardie
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - will try this once home and update - really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
pritpalspall
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

no problem

note: there are two sets of these settings, one for 2.4ghz and 5ghz

i gave both the same passwords but called the 2.4ghz "Wireless"
and the 5ghz "Wireless 5G" 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

it often helps to google the error message ,and then follow the instructions

expecting virgin " support" ( I use the term loosely) to know how other folks eqipment works is sketchy, they ain't really up to speed on their own stiuff, even.

e.g.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

you seem to have done some of that already but her'e the key bit

if the steps don't work, please reset your NOW TV Box, then try to connect to your wireless network again

if it still does not work either take it /send it back, or patiently test it at a friend's house

or work down the google search results- the 2nd one is claiming " solved - go to solution "...

....but I see that one rambles one for 18 pages, with many posters saying " are you with virgin... "

. personally I'd send it back, if I wired connection is not possible ( an initial wired connection might bypass all this wifi error nonsense ) 

PS when feeling totally stuck, and before throwing kit out of window, it can help to reboot / reset everything - now TV and Router, and before that, print off any alleged solutions, then try following them step by step. Whatever you do, don't pay virgin Gadget Rescue to come to the party.  Their reputation is awful.

0 Kudos
parkerhardie
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cybmole

Thanks for the link, yes I have done the google thing - first thing I did and went thru most websites with recent responses, clicked on the link and have tried all and have done a reboot on the now tv box a few times now for nothing to happen.

I have bought it online, so have emailed the company to ask could I have a faulty box???

My sister has a now tv box and hers worked no probs but she doesn't have virgin as her internet provider.  She suggested coming to mine to try her box and vice versa.

I only rang Virgin last night on a last ditch attempt - as the now tv online chat person advised they could no longer help and asked me to call my internet provider - was going well when I was chatting to someone in the UK then when I got transferred everything was getting lost in translation! 

Bizarre how something so simple becomes such a big frustration.....

What I have found out certainly from Mr google is that most people with a virgin superhub seem to have this problem but there is not one thing that stands out to be the error, everyone seems different.

Thanks for your advise appreciate it.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

we cross posted. testing with your sisters' setup could be helpful in establishing whether you have a faulty box.

I m sure there ARE folks on this board with both now TV boxes and Virgin hubs, so also posting exact error messages and exactly which model hub and which model NOW TV you have, could help. Do you have the option of a wired setup ?

you can take pictures of error screens and post those via the photos icon if that helps

0 Kudos
parkerhardie
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The only error message I have got is 014.  I am at work atm so once home will re try all below and see if I can get it to fix it.

I will have a look at the box and hub model numbers too.  I do have the option as a wired connection I think and I believe I threw out a cable the other day too!  Will need to see if I can get another one from somewhere.  Have not used the cable for a long time too.

Great idea re the pictures.  Feeling very frustrated just now..... but hopefully with some lovely peoples help on here I will manage to get it going!

Thanks again.

0 Kudos