Menu
pop1962
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cant access settings on SuperHub VMDG480

Hi I need help with accessing the settings on my super hub router. i have repeatedly tried the examples from the posts on this forum but cant get access. I have also done a factory reset of the hub. When I go to the login page of the router for both 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.0.1 I get a screen that asks for the settings password only (no username). There is no dialog box that asks for username and password like I see in most of the other posts. I have tried all combinations of passwords including the default "changeme" with and without the WPS pin and the passphrase. Nothing works. I need to access the settings as I am seeing more and more connection interrupted messages when gaming I need to check the port forwarding settings before I raise this as a fault with VM. Any help will be gratefully received. Thanks
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant access settings on SuperHub VMDG480

Perhaps at some time you changed the password to something you have since forgotten.

You could try a complete Reset but be warned this will mean you'll have to set up the hub from scratch.  There should be a Reset hole on the back of the hub.  Use something like an unfolded paperclip and push it in for a long count of 20.  Then use the User ID and password on the hub's label ... probably 'admin' and 'changeme' 

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
pop1962
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant access settings on SuperHub VMDG480

Thanks for the reply. .

No,  i've never logged on to the router let alone change the password.. it's still no go i've done another factory reset and it still only asks for a settings password..There is no option for username and password.

Could this be a virgin thing preventing me from accessing the hub?

I'm at a bit of a loss. Never had problems with any other routers or switches when it comes to getting access and setting them up.

0 Kudos