Menu
DickyGee
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect Kindle fire to internet through Superhub2

I am having problems connecting my Kindle Fire to the internet directly through the VM superhub2

It can connect to the superhub via the wireless without a problem, and is assigned a IP address on the local network, so the issue is not that the kindle is unable to get on the hub.  It shows up on the router wireless connected devices box in the management console.

However, once connected to the hub it is unable to connect to the internet - the hub is blocking the internet connection.  I have tried all firewall settings, including disabling the firewall, but it is still unable to connect to the internet.

It is not a general issue with connecting to the internet wirelessly, because I can connect to the internet through other wireless devices, including the superhub if I disconnect my pc from the ethernet port and plug in the old netgear wireless router I had from virgin before the superhub
(however this is NOT a solution that I consider acceptable since I want to be able to have both connected at the same time)

something in the superhub is blocking the internet to my kindle and I am not sure what

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect Kindle fire to internet through Superhub2

Hello DickyGee,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties connecting your Kindle to your wireless network, I know this is frustrating.

I've checked your Hub and I can't see anything out of place which is good. Have you tried changing your wireless channel yet? If not our help article - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency will show you how.

Have you ensured that the Kindle is fully up to date with all software upgrades?

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DickyGee
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Yes I have tried changing frequencies and changing channels, but to no avail.

The Kindle software is up to date, even after its most recent update this week it still will not connect to the internet Smiley Sad
It shows up in the attached wireless devices, but it can not connect through the hub to the internet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey DickyGee,

Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

Has this Kindle connected to your Superhub previously without issue? It's a strange fault, if everything else is working fine via your Superhub connection.

Have you tried resetting your Superhub? I'm clutching at straws a bit, as a last resort we can replace your Superhub.

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos