Menu
bobmcdade
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access settings on Hub 3

If I try to access the Hub via 192.168.0.1 the request times out.  I also tried 192.168.100.1 (though I am reasonably certain the wi-fi has been disabled - no Virgin network appears in my wi-fi menu) and a screen opened requesting I enter the settings password; however I could not progress as it did not recognise the settings password printed on the base of my Hub.

I wanted to check the settings as my home wi-fi network (an Airport Extreme connecting to 3 Airport Express units) has been unreliable of late.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access settings on Hub 3

The key to this one is to get the password right! Your Hub 3 is likely to be in modem mode hence responding to 192.168.100.1. So someone has changed it to something unknown. The only solution if you haven't tried it is a factory reset so as to get to the default.

This isn't as easy as the documentation (such as it is) implies. The paper clip must be held in until you see the modem lights flutter. Takes up to 30 seconds.

If that doesn't accept the default login password (which is a set of numbers iirc), then the VM bods when they get to this thread are likely to send you a replacement hub.

Keep us posted
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bobmcdade

Welcome to the community. I'm very sorry to hear that you're unable to log into the Hub3 settings.

Sephiroth has offered some really good advice, did this help at all? If not, let us know and we can look into it further and get a replacement hub out to you.

Speak soon,

Ty 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bobmcdade
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thanks Sephiroth, I took your advice and did a hard reset.  The signal has been constantly good so far - I had a problem with the connection regularly failing for a few seconds.  You were right to suggest making sure to depress the reset button for longer than the thirty seconds suggested in the manual - I had to make two attempts having not held it for long enough first time around.  Anyway, thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos