Menu
smartlock
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access a particular server

Hi there,  I would really appreciate some help. I have a connected security system that is connected to my Superhub via an Ethernet cable. When plugged in this is supposed to connect to a server in the USA and communicate every couple of minutes. It will only connect randomly and most if the time it does not connect. No ports are blocked and the firewall is on the low setting. I tried disabling the firewall and it would still not connect. I even tried the system on a neighbours Superhub and still no connection. 

It would appear that this issue has something to do with Virgin Media/superhub. The system hardware manufacturer says it should connect without any problems.

Can anyone suggest any solutions?

Thanks, Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access a particular server

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are unable to access a certain server. 

Looking at your connection, the stats are all with the correct range and there are no issues on the network that I can see that would this issue.

Are you still having this issue since you last posted?

If so are you able to post some trace route results please for us to take a look?

Do you get this on all devices or just the one? 

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
smartlock
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sam,

After talking to several people the conclusion was that this problem was down to the Virgin media service. In the end I got it working by logging into the device and changing the default server assigned by Virgin to the generic Google address 8.8.8.8      After this it connected without any issues.

Thanks, Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm glad to hear that you resolved the issue, that's great Smiley Happy

If there are any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Take care

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos