Menu
Bailey60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can we demand a detailed written explanation on broadband outage?

Are we legally allowed to ask for a fully detailed written explanation of the cause and reason of our week long (estimate so far) stoppage of our Broadband and why the very long wait for it to be put right?  Broadband went off on 14/2/2017 when engineers were working on the green box at the end of our road. On the phone we were told it will be back on before 14:15pm. It never came back, it is still out, and the earliest they will call to see about it is 21/02/2017.

This is causing grief with the local JobCentre as I cannot follow their online instructions or recommended jobs.

The last time Virgin engineers worked on that street box, we ended up receiving other people's phone calls. this time the phone works but the Broadband stopped.

I am paying around £5 a day at the moment to use internet cafes, and am worried about any Jobcentre sanctions that may follow from the Broadband stoppage.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can we demand a detailed written explanation on broadband outage?

would be interested to know what law/act this comes under?, since it will be around 5+ days for the forum admin to reply, and to get a physical letter detailing the fault might require a call to customer services.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bailey60,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Just wanted to let you know that I've responded to your other post regarding this fault and I've also sent you a PM to confirm your account info. If we could please stick to one thread per topic, it'll help us keep in touch.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bailey60
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem was sorted this afternoon by a Virgin engineer.

Verdict was that the previous "Contractors" working on the green box outside to remove unwanted wiring also removed our connection.

It still should not take a week to do so.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bailey60,

Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

Glad to hear you're back up and running.

Thanks again for posting, please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos