Menu
johnemck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to WiFi superhub 2

Hi

For a few months now I have had issues with joining WiFi from a number of devices, current!y this is a windows 10 laptop and android tablet. This is not exclusive as there are around 7 devices attached to the hub and able to access the internet. I have carried out a survey of local congestion and moved channels to minimise this effect. 

As far as I can tell this is an issue the hub as a reset allows connection. This sorts things for a couple of days and then the connectivity degrades. We also quite frequently see the two WiFi frequencies drop and simply not be detectable. Is there a known issue with hub 2 where performance and connectivity drops with time?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't connect to WiFi superhub 2

Hi Johnemck,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your wifi.

There was a known issue some time ago with some SH2s that would stop broadcasting the wireless signal. I'll get a replacement sent out to you now which should resolve this though we may need to adjust some settings of the wireless to resolve the other issues you're seeing. 

I've just sent you a private message to arrange the replacement. To check your private messages just click the envelope at the top of the page. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Johnemck,

There was a known issue some time ago with some SH2s that would stop broadcasting the wireless signal. I'll get a replacement sent out to you now which should resolve this though we may need to adjust some settings of the wireless to resolve the other issues you're seeing. 

I've just sent you a private message to arrange the replacement. To check your private messages just click the envelope at the top of the page. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
johnemck
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi john_G

I swapped out the old hub for its replacement yesterday. Early days, but all devices connected to the router when I set it up with our house SSID and passphrase.

John
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it Johnemck,

If you do happen to have any further issues don't hesitate to give us a shout Smiley Happy

nightwolf65
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We've had issues from day one, three years ago with poor connection to the router due to poor wifi range. When my iPad searches for a connection it finds three or four other people's connection before ours, one is at the top of our street and the signal is stronger. Tried a wifi extender or two and t works great for a days or so the we lose all wireless connections until I unplug the extender. Don't even get me started on the TiVo box.

0 Kudos
Riaz1982
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

John_G wrote:

Hi Johnemck,

i've had this issue for months and rather than being offered a replacement your helpline just blames my devices that are trying to connect. Seems like having your full tv/broadband/phone package & paying you a shed load of cash each month isnt enough to get my problem fixed

Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey nightwolf65,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear you're suffering problems with the wireless connection to your hub. With a few different networks in range, it's possible that there's some interference in the area. I'd recommend taking a look through our getting the best wireless network signal article and working through some of the suggestions to improve things.

I've noticed whilst testing that your hub is showing high upstream power levels. This shouldn't affect the wireless connection, but could be impacting on the speed / stability of the connection overall. I'd like to arrange an engineer to visit to sort out those levels. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can arrange a suitable time slot for a visit. Get back to me when you get chance and I'll get something booked in asap.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey nightwolf65,

Just to let you know I've booked the engineer and sent you a PM to confirm the details.

Give us a shout after the appointment and let us know how it went.

Kev

0 Kudos
farinab
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same problem after having the Super Hub2 installed. Wifi connection is intermittent after having the Hub for 2.5yrs. Pls could VM get in touch (if this is indeed the issue - I have checked the other troubleshooting tips) TIA

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there farinab,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing an intermittent connection at the moment, I know how irritating this can be.

I want to investigate this for you, but I can't find your account right now.

I'll need to confirm additional info so I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right).

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos