Menu
vlad-the-imp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to TeamViewer

A few days ago I noticed that TeamViewer for Linux (Linux Mint 18.2) claims it has not Internet connection even though every other Internet service seems to be working fine. I have also heard that TalkTalk have started blocking TeamViewer traffic to allegedly protect their customers. Has anyone else had any issues running TeamViewer recently over Virgin Media cable? It'd be a shame if they also started blocking it. 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to TeamViewer

Seems fine here, they'd better not block it, its about the only way I can sort out some of my dads problems, and for me its much better then VNC or MS remote desktop.

I was worried connecting via mobile data had broken, but then remembered I'b disabled teamviewers mobile data access after I managed to use up a months data allowance in and afternoon with teamviewer...

and quite frankly if I was a criminal there are plenty of alternatives....

0 Kudos
vlad-the-imp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm... Works in Windows 10... I'll have to go check with TeamViewer themselves about not working on Linux. Still worrying, though, as I normally use only Linux.

0 Kudos
vlad-the-imp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And... Magically, after almost a week, now everything works fine. I have a sneaking suspicion someone at Virgin Media read this thread. But no, that'd be a conspiracy theory and we dont' fall for those... Smiley Wink