Menu
caggi1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect Kindle to wireless

I set up my Super Hub 3.0 a few days ago and connected wirelessly to my iPhone SE without any problems. However, I can't figure out how to do it with my son's Kindle. Going onto the wifi page, it isn't listed as an available network and I've tried to add it manually but when I save it, it says "out of range". I've turned the Kindle off and on again and I've pressed the WPS button on the Super Hub but it's still not even acknowledging that the network exists. Help please!!!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't connect Kindle to wireless

It could be this problem: https://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3IRFCNF3E5K2W&cdMs...

Do you know how to change this?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.

All Replies
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It could be this problem: https://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3IRFCNF3E5K2W&cdMs...

Do you know how to change this?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
caggi1983
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wow, thank you so much! I'm very grateful for the swift response and the link you sent had all the answers I needed, thank you so much, we're up and running now!
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great news. There are a few really common devices out there that struggle with the Superhub (and other routers). Nintendo DS has a problem negotiating the 5G band and Chromecasts used to have the same problem too.

0 Kudos
Peroni10
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem. Kindle paper white.  Connected to wifi at Christmas when bought, and worked ok. Came back from holiday and it connected automatically - but today doesn't connect and have tried everything from rebooting both hub and kindle, reserving an IP address for kindle, renaming wifi u

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Go into your router config and change the security from WPA (Auto) to WPA2 (Not Enterprise).

0 Kudos
Peroni10
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried to WPA thing too, no luck. 

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's fixed it in the past. Try setting up the guest network - that only uses the 2.4GHz channel which was the workaround for the Chromecast and Nintendo DS.

0 Kudos