granary_bread
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't access some VPN sites (SSL error)

Software Version V2.39.02
Hardware Version 2.00

Hi

I have been trying to connect to nordvpn using their Windows client, and I couldnt get passed the login stage. I know the VPN connection itself is not blocked, as I can connect to a UK server from my Android device (initial login/setup was whilst on another network). So it seemed that the website connection was problematic.

Trying to connect to the nordvpn site was indeed resulting in an error. This is on multiple devices and browers. The same devices and browsers can connect to the nordvpn site via my mobile internet gateway. so it's not a browser/device configuration issue.

I tried a few other VPN websites, and found that I can't connect to several others: www.ipvanish.com, www.expressvpn.com, www.purevpn.com, www.safervpn.com which all result in the same error

So what gives? Can someone from Virgin explain why they are effectively prohibiting connections to these sites? 

It's not a complete show stopper as I do have an alternative gateway to connect to for the simple task of accessing support and first steps authentication, but I'd just like to understand what's happening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access some VPN sites (SSL error)

Hi granary_bread,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are unable to access VPN sites.

I appreciate all the checks you have completed so far but too no avail.

Can you try to access one of these sites whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please to see if that will work?

Let me know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
granary_bread
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

Thanks for the reply. When I put the SH into modem mode, I assume I'll need to connect to the router via wired ethernet to a LAN port?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello granary_bread,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

You are correct! When your Hub is in Modem Mode you will need to connect via Ethernet to the first port, the other three will be inactivate whilst in Modem Mode.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos