Menu
martincole2
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can i have 2 routers

i have virgin media broadband and for the past 2 days i had 2 viegin hubs running 1 in my room for my xbox one and pc and the other in the parents room witch they used this was working perfectly fine by connecting both hubs via a splitter to the virgin media box on the wall i am woundering if they is away to get this working again as my virgin media hub 3 just says the device is updating all the time now
0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i have 2 routers

Only 1 hub per registered account allowed!
So assuming you have a SH2 replaced with a SH3, then register the SH3 the SH2 is then unregistered from your account.
0 Kudos
martincole2
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

that sucks guess they dont think about the fact that some people like there computers connected lan wise even asked if i cud have my own seprate package in the same house nd was told no
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

can you not just run a lan cable to the working hub 

Tony
0 Kudos
martincole2
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

no as its quiet far away and the splitter cable was already in my room off when parents used too have a tivo box in this room befor i moved into it
0 Kudos
martincole2
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

its rather strange it was working fine for a few days now the sh3 says its updating and does nothing tried resetting nd everything
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

nothing strange really - they will have removed the MAC address for the hub that is now not working - its usually done quickly but would seem here they took a while - no way round it and as you have been told they will only supply one connection to one address

so a lan cable or powerlines if you want a wired connection or you could put the working hub in your room and your parents use wifi - but you need to be able to convince them thats a good idea

Tony
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeh I would agree with -tony- powerline adapters would be the best way to go and they are reasonable cheap these days
0 Kudos