Menu
EasyMeat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I use a 2nd router

I have a super hub 2 located in a back room in our house. Our TV is in a front room and I noticed the other day there is a spare connection point to the one that goes to the Vbox.

Currently I have my TV connected to the internet via a powerline connection. Can I use the spare connection to connect to a spare router and connect the tv and Vbox directly with ethernet cables from the 2nd router? I've heard that I can connect the superhub and the 2nd router with an ethernet cable but that is not a practical option for me.

As I'm paying for the top braodband I would rather connect the TV to high speed rather than the much slower powerline or WiFi.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I use a 2nd router

Not sure I fully understand your query?

The V+ Box needs to be connected via the VM coax cable, not Ethernet.

0 Kudos
EasyMeat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is connected via a coax cable, it has a split connecter can I connect another coax cable to a 2nd router?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi EasyMeat,

I think I understand what you're asking. But the spare connection point you mention, if unused, has most likely been terminated to prevent noise ingress.

You could set up your router as an access point or repeater (just Google for instructions) via your VM Hub.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos