Menu
garethsnaim
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Can I revert to AC2

I have a supehub 3.

I have concluded in modem only mode its rubbish, I believe this has been discussed at great length here.

I still have the AC2, speaking to someone in India, she said no way could I put that back in the mix. Perhaps there was a comms error because I don't believe thats true.

If I so wish and I phone virgin, can I take the 3 out and put the 2AC back in?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I revert to AC2

hiya @garethsnaim did you change to the 300mb gaming package?, if not then should be able to reactive it, i would be calling back to broadband support, and hopefully get the UK contact centre.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
garethsnaim
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am on the gaming package but I think its 200 down and 20 up. I have never achieved that with the Superhub 3 anyhow, I wonder actually why I am being charged for it but hey ho.

0 Kudos
DJSubterrain
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Gaming package is 200Mbit/20Mbit (aka Vivid 200 Gamer), you are thinking of the Homework 300Mbit package for people who run a business from their home.

0 Kudos
garethsnaim
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Well an engineer was around today checking my phone line and I chatted to him about the 2ac, he did explain that it may not work but best bet was to try which I did. Its connected fine, although connection speed is not going above 130mb, which is a shame as the 3 was hitting 220 when it worked.

Not sure what to do now as a lot of things are coming to a head here. I have removed the tivo because its so utterly slow as to be unusable, the phone line is crackly and horrid and my download speed is not what I am paying for. 

I have always respected virgin as I have received a good service for what I believe is a fair price to both parties, but now its feeling like I am being tucked up as the price each month seems to creep up and the service I receive starts hitting the toilet.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The SH2AC can go above 200Mb, see below.

I think you need VM to refresh the Config down to the SH2AV.

Check under router status on the SH2AC, it should be like this, then you should get full speed. Yes the SH3 is useless.

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID213213
Max Traffic Rate230000000 bps
Max Traffic Burst42600 bytes
Min Traffic Rate0 bps

My VM Speed.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
garethsnaim
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HI red, 

I have set my network back up now with the router back to modem only mode, I am reluctant to play around now!

Because of the trouble I had I purchased a second hand switch to replace the one I had, I need to reset it as I think it was in a commercial environment so may have flow controls in place. This is my hope anyhow!

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've had the Hub 3 for close on a year and it's normally in modem mode with a decent wireless router attached. Greater than 200 meg downstream is a constant.

So if you are having problems, unless it's a duff Hub 3 (which I doubt), it might well be area congestion. The VM bods when they get to this thread in about a week's time will be able to tell you if there's area congestion.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
garethsnaim
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No, I am suffering what many are in modem only mode where it disconnects from the upstream virgin modem on a regular cycle. You are one of the lucky ones that does not have this issue as the virgin router upstrem of yours is fully compatible.
In fairness to virgin I have never seen a speed drop off, it either works or it does not.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I presume you mean that it disconnects from the VM CMTS at the local hub site. This is the first mention you've made in this thread about disconnects - at least on my reading of it.

The Hub 3 logs will show the disconnects and the reason for them may be evident from the downstream/upstream power level stats.

Any chance that you might copy/paste them into your reply so we can have a look for anything obvious?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos