Menu
MJkpio
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I reset router password? (not wireless password)

I'm trying to log into my 3.0 router to change some settings. i.e. logging into 192.168.0.1. But I cannot for the life of me find the password I changed it to. 

"changeme" doesn't work, the "settings password" on the bottom of the router doesn't work, anything I can think of I may have used doesn't work. And there's no option for "forgotten password" or to reset. 

Any ideas on how I can solve this please?

ps: also had an odd one where I refreshed 192.168.0.1 and was presented with the UPC log in page. I know they're both owned by the same company, but any ideas why I'd have been given the different providers log in page? Could only assume I was being loadbalanced to the UPC datacentre or something?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I reset router password? (not wireless password)

factory reset the SH using the pinhole on the device.
0 Kudos
MJkpio
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ugh - that would reset all the wifi passwords/connected devices etc I assume? Will probably have to do that but gonna turn into a lot of hassle Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

as long as you set the SSID and wireless password back to the same thing all the wireless devices will work. You'll lose port forwarding and other settings if you have them but that is all you can do if you can;t remember the password.