Menu
Leon0905
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can I call or message virgin to change my IP address.

Hello I play an online pc game and am a victim of being DDOSSED and as a result it is becoming quite frankly annoying now. If there was any method to change my IP adress I would be grateful. Or is there a way I could message Virgin or give them a call to do so. I am on the super Hub 3.0.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I call or message virgin to change my IP address.

and what happens if they get your new IP address, they'll just do the same, best to have it reported since if it comes within the UK they the people doing the attacks are breaking a few acts, and their ISP's T&C's, so if you know the Ip address the attacks are coming from you could use e.g. http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ to find out what ISP it comes from.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM do not change IP addresses on request.

However you CAN fill in the online abuse form

HERE

They will investigate and take what measures are deemed appropriate.

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You could put your SH3 into modem mode and use your own router. That will give you a different IP address....

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

and what happens if they get your new IP address, they'll just do the same, best to have it reported since if it comes within the UK they the people doing the attacks are breaking a few acts, and their ISP's T&C's, so if you know the Ip address the attacks are coming from you could use e.g. http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ to find out what ISP it comes from.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Leon0905
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can I put it into modem mode using an old sky router?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the sky router was designed for ADSL aka broadband via the telephone line, since with virignmedia you need to use a cable router.. a lot of people get a e.g. a asus rt68u series, not cheap but worth it.. normally costs around £100, if this is outside your budget, can suggest others
0 Kudos