Menu
caroljorja10
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cable Laying on Private Property

We live on a small cul-de-sac which consists of  sheltered housing flats which are privately owned by a housing association, the road as far as we are aware is private too as we have to pay for the upkeep of the road and grass verges. Virgin Media have decided to lay cable along our road without permission. None of the elderly residents have requested to have Virgin Media.

This morning at 7 am 2 large vehicles with cranes on the back started to dig out the hard core.

Can someone from the cable laying department please contact me to explain who gave permission for this work to go ahead. This is my only way of making contact with this department, as there does not seem to be any other contact details.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Laying on Private Property

Do you have contact details for the Housing Association as it might be a good idea to see if they gave permission or have any knowledge of it at all.  If the road is indeed private and belongs to them I imagine they will want to ensure that any reinstatement work is carried out properly.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
caroljorja10
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have been in touch with the Housing Association, they know nothing about it. The contractors laying the cable agree with the residents that it should not be happening. They will not be given access tomorrow, we intend to block the entrance to our sheltered scheme.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good for you.  Reminds me of that old Ealing Studios film 'Passport To Pimlico' when the residents declared their area a Duchy and no longer subject to British law.     Smiley LOL

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello caroljorja10,

Thank you for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I am sorry to hear about the work that's been happening on your road, I know this can cause is disturbance.

I'm going to do my best to dig around and see if I can find out who has authorised this work, someone would have given permission or have requested it, so I'll try and get answers for you.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can keep in touch while I investigate.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh Heather, you going to "dig around" you bad girl Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey J0hn,

Ohhh! Smiley Embarassed

I didn't even think of how that sounded!

Apologies caroljorja10, I wasn't trying to be funny, I promise!

You're trying to get me into trouble J0hn Smiley Tongue

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos