Menu
LukeR
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cabinet maintenance

Thanks for letting me know that the cabinet on my street was going to be down today. I work from home and am reliant on this connection. At 11:00 GMT my connection drops and when I look out of the window two engineers have ripped the cabinet apart performing some "maintenance" that I should have apparently been informed about.

Can you please let people know about this! You can't just go around performing maintenance when you like, you need to communicate this well in advance.

Update: GMT 11:48 the engineers have left and the cabinet is closed but my broadband is still down. Wow - this is just great...

0 Kudos
LukeR
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cabinet maintenance

Still down at 13:09 GMT - thanks Virgin. I really appreciate the downtime. Yes I have rebooted my router, twice.

0 Kudos
LukeR
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cabinet maintenance

I have ended up calling the support line and they have sent an engineer out for Thursday. So potentially two + days of downtime thanks to a couple of twits fiddling about in the cabinet who clearly didn't know what they were doing.

I am glad I don't work from home...oh wait. Can I get a refund for the downtime days please?

0 Kudos