Menu
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

CCTV DVR to Super Hub

I am running my computers via wifi to Super Hub but I have just bought a CCTV System DVR which I need to setup via ethernet cable for network operating. Can I just plug cable into a port at rear of hub to setup DVR without affecting any wifi settings.

My CCTV DVR is non Wifi Floureon model.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: CCTV DVR to Super Hub

Yes.
Note that if you want to access the DVR remotely you will need to set up port forwarding for the ports your DVR uses.
0 Kudos
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask how to do port forwording via super hub. Sorry but this is not my error of knowledge.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the ports you need to forward should be covered in the manual as for hub settings http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27625&CURRENT_... dont need to worry about port trigger
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
mac2474
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you know the correct ports your device needs to forward have a look at this:

It's not by me but may help you.

0 Kudos
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Following on from advise given I have gone into my super hub to open port 80 for my CCTV DVR.

When entering the predefined rule for port 80 it inputs the default options for that rule.....but it shows an IP Address as follows 192.186.0.? and only gives the option to change the last digit (?) which I believe this has got to be changed to my DVR IP Address..... BUT my DVR has the IP Address 192.168.1,10 which means I can only change the ? to 10 but not the digit 1 to 0

Any help appreciated on this.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure the DVR's address cannot be changed? That would be unusual. Go into its settings and try it.

0 Kudos
RL161
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi, was there ever an outcome on this as I have a swann cctv that I want to set up on my network and I cant seem to manage it

0 Kudos