Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 5 no WiFi

Hi,app prompted me to reset to hub which I have done but the WiFi is no longer visible. Have also done full power down and back on and attempted pinhole reset. No joy. Solid white light on hub bottom right, no other lights visibleCan anyone help?

Cdms811 by Just joined
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! wifi connected, but no internet

Hi,Having an issue with some wireless devices saying they are connected but have no internet access whilst having a mostly full signal. for instance, my phone and pc will both be on wifi in the same room, but my pc will say no internet access whilst ...

Treadmill causing interference.

Hoping for some help. We work from home and have connected the upstairs office to the router (Hub 5) via a Virgin Media supplied booster. I can't run a ethernet across the house the booster has been a good solution. All been fine till I got a treadmi...

Network Routing Issue

Hi,I believe there is a routing issue with the Virgin network which is preventing me from accessing my work e-mail. I am trying to connect to 'id.nordcloud.com' but the connection times out. This problem only started today and has been working fine f...

tracert.png
plynch66 by Dialled in
  • 66 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to get my first WiFi Pod

Iam having Same issue for told I need a special pod as the normal ones won’t work with our hub 5x waiting for confirmation but what your saying above ive had the same I don’t believe one has been ordered this is not right iam within my 14 days cool o...

Network Issue between Virgin and AWS?

Hello,Since last night I have noticed certain services are unable to function fully that seems to use AWS. Such as FlightRadar24, Signal, Slack etc.In terms of FlightRadar24 the website loads but no planes show. It seems the planes load via data-feed...

Zangoose by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos

Hub 5 constantly drops out in modem mode

We had a hub 5 installed a few months gonas the old hub 4 constantly kept failing.  However just lately we are having excessive dropouts all day and night. we have it in modem mode as have some devices that won't work as they need 2.4.ghz we have a n...

Hub 5x Questions - 2024

Hello,Just signed up for 2Gb and have some questions regarding the router, most answers are from last year so keen to verify current position.1. Where is modem only mode? Is that available yet as alluded to? If not, any ETA? 2. Is the WAN port on 5x ...