Menu
jiewin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Brodband Hub

Hi

I have had the same broadband hub for a few years now. and notice there is a new Hub 3.0.

obviously technology moves on so I figure the new hub will be better than my old one. Does anyone know how you go about changing hub without phoning and waiting to talk to someone who doesn't understand what your talking about. don't seem to be able to simply e.mail virgin. its all chat on line but always busy.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brodband Hub

jiewin wrote:

Hi

I have had the same broadband hub for a few years now. and notice there is a new Hub 3.0.

obviously technology moves on so I figure the new hub will be better than my old one. Does anyone know how you go about changing hub without phoning and waiting to talk to someone who doesn't understand what your talking about. don't seem to be able to simply e.mail virgin. its all chat on line but always busy.

Thanks

Newer isn't necessarily better and the grass isn't always greener.  Search this forum for Hub 3.0 and you will see many threads where punters are not at all happy with their Hub 3.0 and are wishing they had stuck with their existing hub.  There are also lots of punters very happy with the Hub 3.0, but if your current setup is working for you why risk a change that might or might not leave you better off?

You might be able to get one if you call VM and take the "thinking of leaving us option" to get through to the retentions team.

The only 100% guaranteed way to get a Hub 3.0 is to upgrade to either the Vivid 200 Gamer package or the 300Mbs Homeworks+ package as ordering them triggers a Hub 3.0 dispatch as it is needed for the higher speeds.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos