Menu
Andy38
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Hi
Is anyone experiencing complete internet loss? Our internet has been out since thursday when i ring up it says there is intermitant problems in my area but mines been out for 4 days. Only been with virgin since mid january and had so many problems. This is the fourth time the broadband has been out but its the longest so far. Does anyone know if there is a major problem? My neighbours broadband is on and they are with virgin so dont really understand why mines off
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Hi Andy,

Have you checked that the cable connection on the hub and the wall socket are done up properly?  Also have you tried power cycling the hub?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Andy38
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dave_cq

Thanks for response. No not tried either of those yet. How do you power cycle? Just been on the phone to virgin they said there is an issue in my area and the broadband will likely be down till the 22nd which would make it a full week with no broadband. The fault message still says intermitant so im still wary that it may be a fault with my equipment. But looks like i have to wait till 22nd to see if problem is fixed by then.

Cheers

Andy
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah right, a known area fault.  Looks like you'll just have to wait it out then.

For the record, when I said power cycle I simply meant turning the hub off for ten minutes and then turning it back on again.  It can sometimes cure a few problems.  This can be done either by using the switch on the back if your hub has one or just unplugging the power cord.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Andy38
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi dave c_q

Yeah thats what i expected. They said if its not back on by 23rd then to ring them back.

Cheers

Andy
0 Kudos
yesyesno
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

By any chance are you in London / East London ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy38,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see you've had a technician out to fix this for you. How has it been since?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos