Menu
Dkillen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

None of the lights are on in my router could this be a faulty box.i have reset it and the lights go green then no lights at all.and it keeps knockin on and off anybody any ideas cheers
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband

Sounds like you have a Hub 3 and with that hub the Base LED will be the only light that will stay on during normal operation.  You can click HERE for more info about the lights on the VM hubs.

When you say it "keeps knockin on and off" do you mean your Internet connection keeps going on and off or are you talking about the lights on the hub?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The white light at the bottom is the only light that stays on with Hub 3 - any other lights would generally mean that is an issue.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sounds like you have a Hub 3 and with that hub the Base LED will be the only light that will stay on during normal operation.  You can click HERE for more info about the lights on the VM hubs.

When you say it "keeps knockin on and off" do you mean your Internet connection keeps going on and off or are you talking about the lights on the hub?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Dkillen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its just when my wee lad is on his xbox it keeps signin him out sayin something about internet connection.i've restarted it unplugged it.it was only installed on the 29th of oct.the lights come on green then no lights just a white light at the bottom and his xbox is wired from the router to his xbox.was just wonderin if i have a faulty box or is the new 1 have no lights showing cheers
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The white light at the bottom is the only light that stays on with Hub 3 - any other lights would generally mean that is an issue.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dkillen wrote:
Its just when my wee lad is on his xbox it keeps signin him out sayin something about internet connection.i've restarted it unplugged it.it was only installed on the 29th of oct.the lights come on green then no lights just a white light at the bottom and his xbox is wired from the router to his xbox.was just wonderin if i have a faulty box or is the new 1 have no lights showing cheers

The light sequence you describe sounds normal.

Are any other devices losing connection to the Internet at the same time or is it just the Xbox?

If it is just the Xbox then you might need some port forwarding (VM guide HERE) setup to improve the connection for the console.  There is a post HERE with a list of suggested ports for the Xbox One.

0 Kudos
Dkillen
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not only his xbox also my box i use for watchin sports and that
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If more than once device is losing the connection to the Internet at the same time then it might be a line fault.

If you go to http://192.168.100.1/ to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take up to a week) and run checks on your line.

0 Kudos