Menu
Highlighted
Nannyfee1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Have only just had virgin for month but having so much problems with speed and buffering. Also records programmes that we don't want recorded, getting fed up deleting them every day.
0 Kudos
Excellence20
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Hi Nannyfee1,

If you have a laptop or desktop computer, can you try running a speed test on www.speedtest.net and posting your results here? What is the speed of your connection (i.e. 50mb, 100mb etc)?

I can't comment on programmes recording on their own, hardly watch TV with TiVO or V6. If you try posting in the TV section of the forum users should be able to help there.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On the V6 or TiVo you need to turn off “suggestions”, otherwise you will get lots of unwanted programmes recorded. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
Nannyfee1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did speed test. I was told I would get better than I had with other provider but it was 68 with them and only 37.8 now. My upload speed is 0.3.
0 Kudos
Excellence20
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The upload speed you get is very low, even for your connection.

I would recommend posting your router status here (particularly upstream). You can access this by going to the SuperHub's IP 192.168.1.1 or if you're in Modem Mode 192.168.100.1 . You don't need to sign in you can simply click router status, then go to upstream and post the results here.

Someone from the VM team will then be able to tell you if there is noise or poor signal thereafter.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nannyfee1, 

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for the slow speeds you're experiencing. At the moment everything looks normal with your connection. Can you please confirm if you're testing your wireless or hard-wired connection? Ideally we need to see the result of an Ethernet test. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos