Menu
neillybum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed problems

Wondering if someone can help me. 

For the past 2 weeks my broadband speed has reduced dramatically. 

I have the up to 200Mbps service, and for the first few months of having it I would regularly check my broadband speed and achieve results of 70 - 80 Mbps.

Checking it over the past 2 weeks it's dramatically reduced, and also my connection just keeps dropping off completely. I've tried resetting and unplugging my router but no joy.

Checking my speed right now, on Speedtest.net = Download speed 4.63Mbps, Upload speed 3.82 Mbps. On Uswitch speed checker = Download speed 12.2Mbps , Download speed 10.6 Mbps.

Tried calling 150 on my phone over the past few nights, but after 30 minutes of holding on I just give up each time.

Any help would be appreciated.

neena
Just joined
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed problems

I am the same as you and getting VERY fed up with ntlworld {old name for Virgin}. I too have spoken to them several times, but to no avail.

0 Kudos
neillybum
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well done for getting through to them, I run out of patience after 30 minutes hanging on the phone listening to Robbie Williams play over and over again.

But my service was great for months, then suddenly just awful, for no apparent reason.

0 Kudos
neillybum
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
neillybum
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

6453.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi neillybum,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? 

Can you complete speed tests whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode at different times of the day please? This will eliminate other devices connected and we can see if there is a difference in speeds.

When testing the speeds use speedtest.net, make sure you select the default server and post a link/screenshot of the results.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos