Menu
Flynn94
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband problem

My wifi keeps dropping out repeatedly for a few seconds however if I'm streaming or watching Netflix it doesn't stop playing but if I'm playing multiplayer Xbox it will kick me out of the server....I'm on my second hub it's not my tv or Xbox , help please
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband problem

Flynn94 wrote:
My wifi keeps dropping out repeatedly for a few seconds however if I'm streaming or watching Netflix it doesn't stop playing but if I'm playing multiplayer Xbox it will kick me out of the server....I'm on my second hub it's not my tv or Xbox , help please

Could be a few things, wifi strength could be poor, there could be interference from other networks on the same channel, personally i just straight up wouldn't use wifi for gaming, its really not its strong suit, netflix isn't affected by what is essentially packet loss as it buffers content, games on the other hand are extremely reliant on a steady stable connection, there are some things you can try to diagnose it but there are no guarantees they will even fix the issue or that the issue can be "fixed" i would just suggest running a cable and avoiding the issue completely

If you're absolutely desperate to use wifi for gaming i would suggest installing something like inSSIDer on a cellphone to check the quality of your wifi and to see what other networks are in the area and how noisey your chosen wifi band is

0 Kudos