Menu
murphyg10
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband performance

I've had Virgin broadband for just over a year and speeds have always been great. However in the past week it is clear something is affecting the service. 

Initially when streaming via iplayer or another service, the screen freezes (sometimes not even making it to the end of a 5 minute cartoon). The tv is next to the router so no issue there. 

Using the service status tool it showed there was an issue and virgin would do something and i should reboot my router. I did this to no effect. Them i called and spoke to an agent, who could see some error and congestion, he did some stuff and signed off, but again this had no effect. then yesterday I called again in the evening, the lady i spoke to said she could see no error but advised me to ensure that we don't have too many devices on one bandwidth. She got me to reset the router, she changed the channels etc but again today it is evident that this has not had an effect. 

I have also ran intermittent speed checks and have seen that be up and down (lowest 40M so it's not exactly slow) and I've used a network monitoring tool so i can see it's dropping out occasionally. 

Anyone else had this problems? what next? where do I go from here? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband performance

Hi murphyg10,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection!

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting your connection at the moment - Ref.(F005042874). Our technicians have set a review time for later today.

I'll check back with you tomorrow morning to see if there's been any change.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband performance

Hi murphyg10,

I've checked your account again and it looks like the network fault has cleared. I've also run a diagnostic on your equipment and everything is looking great at the moment.

Give the Superhub a reboot to reset the logs and give me a shout if you get any more trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos