Menu
epwstratton
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband outage SE15

Hi

There has been a service problem in area 21 (SE15) since yesterday afternoon. No indication of what the problem is. Time of fix keeps being put back.

Have also been affected by slow speed for a long time.

Have been given £6 credit by virgin but wonder if they will also credit me for all subscriptions that require a decent/any internet connection.

Have had a number of phone calls and no one seems to know what the problem is
0 Kudos
bennetto1
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband outage SE15

Hi epwstratton, 

I'm also in SE15, our house hasn't had internet for two days, nearing three... Experiencing the same problems it seems. I've called Virgin twice now on their expensive phone lines asking if they'd be able to credit any subscriptions for data (my phone's used all mine up!) or issue us a gift card for a cafe to be able to use their wifi (like other providers). Conclusions were Virgin are only able to refund days of which wifi hasn't been working. Annoying! We've ended taking advantage of our local pub's wifi for uni work deadlines, hope this living nightmare ends soon! 

All the best. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband outage SE15

Hi epwstratton, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with service problems in your area, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that your Hub looks great and is online, are you still having troubles with no service?

With regards to the slow speeds you mentioned, I have had a look and it would seem that your area cable suffers some load issues, especially during the peak times. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak times. The reference number for this F004774041 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed by the end of January.

One of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information, thanks for your patience with this matter.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos