Menu
Jasbe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband off

I've got green flashing lights on both the router and TiVo, tv is ok but no broadband since this morning. Second time in as many weeks. I'm assuming the flashing light means an issue?

Thanks,

Jason
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband off

Hi Jason

Have you checked for any known outages in your area?  https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

If there are no local area outages then the fastest way to get it fixed is usually to call VM and report the fault or you can wait for the forum team to get to this thread in a few days time.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Jasbe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott,

Just checked on the link and there are known issues that are supposed to be resolved by 10pm tonight.

Thanks for the reply and help.

Jason
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jasbe,

Thanks for posting!

Just wanted to check in and make sure everything is OK now that the network fault has cleared. Are you still experiencing any issues?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jasbe
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh,

It has been fine since the engineer called today. Everyone in the street is experiencing the same issues after a virgin sub contractor moved the junction box and didn't bother making sure any of the connections were fitted properly when reconnecting. Obviously not quality assessed before being put on the virgin suppliers register.

Direct virgin engineers are a credit to virgin though, couldn't fault him, and it's the second time the same bloke has been out and fixed an issue.

Thanks

Jason
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason,

I'm really sorry for the trouble but I'm really glad the technician has sorted it out for you!

Pop back to us if you get any more trouble.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos