Menu
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not working since Tuesday, VM text says now fixed but it isn't (Leeds 14 - area 22)

I'm starting a new thread because my first one hasn't attracted a mod and I'm getting nowhere speaking to India. Lost broadband on Tuesday night. Came back intermittently on Wednesday afternoon but then went off again and has never come back. 4 calls to CS achieved nothing, just sympathy. Finally got a text from VM this afternoon saying problem is fixed but I still can't connect to Internet. Router is in a constant loop,  shows three solid blue lights for  a few seconds then green lights flash in various sequences before we're back to three blue lights. Reset it more times than I care to remember. Status report says there's no problem so what am I supposed to do? How do you get an engineer out if that's what's needed? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not working since Tuesday, VM text says now fixed but it isn't (Leeds 14 - area 22)

What kind of hub do you have? I cant think of one that should have 3 blue lights
0 Kudos
PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not working since Tuesday, VM text says now fixed but it isn't (Leeds 14 - area 22)

It's an original Super Hub, had it for several years. The three blue lights only stay on for a few seconds like it's going through the same routine time and time again. There has been a total outage in this area this week but allegedly that's fixed. I guess it's possible my problem is personal to me but that would be quite a coincidence. Have rung 150 again and they've said they'll escalate it to their network engineers but Ive no confidence in them. Really don't know what to do next

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is a chance your psu is faulty and not the hub, if you can find one of a similar voltage and amp it might be worth a try till the technician appointment.

The 3 lights should only be blue as soon as its switched on, if 3 blue lights appear after that the hub is faulty

PaulinLeeds
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not working since Tuesday, VM text says now fixed but it isn't (Live eeds 14 - area 22)

Give that man a prize! By chance the psu for my pc speakers is a perfect match and what do you know, the router is up and running. I thought the router would be like most electrical things and either power up or not, weird how there was enough power getting through to get it to cycle through something but not enough to connect. Thanks anyway, you're a star. 

0 Kudos