Menu
brookmichael2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not working - no internet connection

internet connection light on router not lit.

ran test on check status page and test does not complete ( got to only 50%)

need to get engineer.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband not working - no internet connection

Hi brookmichael2, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that your internet is not working and the connection light on the router is off, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Also, what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

It would be helpful if you could include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for us to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi brookmichael2, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that your internet is not working and the connection light on the router is off, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Also, what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

It would be helpful if you could include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for us to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brookmichael2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Adam,

I have made a bookmark on her laptop so I will be able to get the log.

However the installation is at my daughter's house so I will not be able to access the logs you mentioned till I visit her on Wednesday.

I arranged an engineer to fix it and the problem was in the box at the end of her street. There had been fire damage to the cables etc. The engineer made a repair and the broadband came back on.

Unfortunately I got a text from her this evening to say the broadband was down again with the ready light off indicating no internet access. So I will check with her tomorrow morning before phoning for an engineer to call.

regards

Mike

0 Kudos