Menu
concreteboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi,

Can anyone help with trying to solve any of the following issues we're experiencing with our broad band service:

When running a VPN on my laptop at home connected via wifi to my super router thingy the connection to my desktop at work the connection drops out every couple of minutes and is making any meaningful work nigh on impossible.

When searching using Chrome I keep getting the (not always, but alot) "Network has changed" error message and have to go 'Back' to try and search again as the 'reload' button doesn't work.

I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet, I'm still running Windows 7.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi concreteboy, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you have no internet. I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and I can see that everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless? 

What lights have you got on the Hub?

Do you get any error messages on screen?

Take care,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
concreteboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi Adam,

Thanks for looking into this for me. Both my wife and I connect to the hub wirelessly.

I'm going to check my vpn connection by using it on another wireless network and see if I get the same issues. It may be an issue with my hardware/software.

Thanks,
Roger
0 Kudos