Menu
Wilko1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps dropping hub needs reset

My broadband is currently going down on a daily basis requiring me to reset the hub every time.

This seems to coincide with having the new V6 box installed for the TV. When that was installed I had to put the hub back into router mode in order to get Netflix working and then changing it back to modem mode.

I have to say, I really want to like virgin as an alternative to sky. On the face of it the package should be great but I find these constant technical issues becoming more and more of a problem.

I've had slow speeds since install, I had this same issue previously. The issue with Netflix not working as well. I never had these tech problems time and again with other providers.

Can someone tell me why my internet keeps dropping now. For info it's not the signal or the router I use.
0 Kudos
Wilko1979
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps dropping hub needs reset

Still going on. Call up tech support and they just ask me to switch off the hub and wait 30 seconds. If I explain that I've done it before and I'm having to do it daily, they say "I've just done something my end" - which I don't believe as I've heard it all before. Had problems before and got fobbed off by tech support every time and some times just downright lies. Also have slow speeds where I am despite 200mb apparently available. Was told it would be fixed by December and there's a reduction on my bill until then to compensate. Come December I get a message on here that simply says the problem hasn't been fixed and they'll continue with the compensation.

I don't believe any of this now. As soon as I can leave Virgin I will. I don't see why I'm paying for a service that constantly drops out and is way below speed when it is working.

Worst customer service I've experienced also.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wilko1979, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that your connection is dropping out on a daily basis, I offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some checks on your connection from this side and I noticed that your Hubs logs show a large number of T3 time outs, in order to resolve this an engineer will need to attend and investigate this further.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ratterz
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mine seems to be doing the same, and notice that I'm also getting T3 messages also

16/02/201709:02:40 GMT82000200No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

This is also a new Superhub as of today as was having the same issue with the last one, but already experiencing issues with devices not connecting to it.

Do you think this could be the same thing?

0 Kudos