Menu
Carlos158
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping out...seems I'm not the only one

I've been with Virgin broadband since the early days when it was NTL, always been happy with the broadband and I seem to have faired better than some. However, recently I have been having problems with the wifi, and also the wired connection.

I have a PS4 connected by ethernet and recently added Sky Q and Sky Q inbox to the network using wifi. I have now started getting a drop in the internet connection when online on the PS4..logs out of the online games and I have to log back online. Also the Sky now tells me I'm having Network connectivity problems and to check the settings, they show I'm not connected. I then wired the Sky direct to my router with ethernet hoping that would stop the problem. Sadly I still have the same drop out.

Could this be the router on it's way out? I'm on the 200mbps service with the Super Hub 2ac. there seems to be quite a few out there with the same issues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping out...seems I'm not the only one

Hi Carlos158, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to learn about your issues with your broadband dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I've run some checks from this side and I noticed a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs, which will explain the drops in connection. I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I'll send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Carlos158
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping out...seems I'm not the only one

Thank you Adam,

I have responded by email and already have an engineer booked.

For info it appears to be an incompatibility issue between the Virgin Superb 2ac and Sky Q. I have resolved this by using a Netgear Nighthawk router with the Virgin SH in modem mode. It appears the Virgin kit cannot cope with Sky Q?

I am monitoring the issue of this week and will cancel the engineer if there are no further problems.

0 Kudos