Menu
petesears
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping during night

Every night over the last week my Internet connection has dropped around 5.00am. When I wake up in the morning the superhub needs turning off and on again and then everything seems OK for the rest of the day.

I checked the router this morning and all the lights were on, nothing flashing or untoward. I know the times the connection has been dropping as my heating/hot water is controlled via wifi and the Tado app confirms this fact. And upon waking up, my wireless network isn't visible until I reboot.

I spoke to Virgin yesterday and worryingly they couldn't see the drop-outs during the night, even though I know it's been an everyday occurrence over the last week. Has anyone ever come across anything like this before?

Thanks Pete
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband dropping during night

Hi Petesears,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting disconnections every morning. I've just checked your connection to try and find the cause of this and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, area contention and SNR are all healthy and the hub is reporting being online for the last 6 days with no timeouts or disconnections. 

Are you still seeing these drops every morning?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband dropping during night

Hi Petesears,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting disconnections every morning. I've just checked your connection to try and find the cause of this and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, area contention and SNR are all healthy and the hub is reporting being online for the last 6 days with no timeouts or disconnections. 

Are you still seeing these drops every morning?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos