Menu
Ag005613
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down

Hi,

Our broadband in north Glasgow (g61) has been down all day. The updates for the fix keep getting pushed back - it's now 20:20 eta.

This is the second big outage in 2 weeks.

I am wondering 2 things:

* underlying issue?
* is there a policy for compensation?

Thanks,
Stuart
0 Kudos
fedupofthis
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down

The engineer has been on his way since 8 this morning. Traffic must be bad!

I first had issues at 1.00 this morning - 18 hours ago!

Yet again poor customer service from VM. Just tell us what the problem is and the truth about when it will be fixed. Instead we just get wishy washy we know what the problem is (clearly you dont or it would have been fixed when you first estimated - 12.20 then 16.20 then 17.20 then 20.20 but who knows when you will really get it fixed) and an the engineer is on his way (from New Zealand?)

I trust compensation will be automatic and you will add the £20+ it has cost to set up alternative mifi access for the day.

Contract ends soon.

0 Kudos
fedupofthis
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

And now 22.20!
0 Kudos
surista
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Down for two full days in N12. Customer service completely baffled. Promise to send out an engineer as 'quickly as possible' which, apparently, is next Thursday. 

**bleep**.

0 Kudos
fedupofthis
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When does it become breach of contract?
0 Kudos
fedupofthis
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Now 10.00am tomorrow. Shocking. Currently revising my estimate of when my direct debit will not be paid!
0 Kudos
paulzh
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I think the fog at Gatwick delayed the engineers flight from India and his bike developed a puncture on the M8. Seriously they don't give a toss mate, they are one of the most cynical companies out there and will lie and dissemble with half truths to fob you off. Just read this board.  The status page is a joke "might not work" indeed, "identified the problem" (oops its not working) "on his way" (we wont pay weekend overtime so he'll get round Mon at best). They hung up on me three times when I tried to call as they can't be bothered to face customers as theyve nothing to say. Complain and they'll fob you off with a couple of quid & rely you dont want the hassle of switching. An utterly disgraceful excuse for a company with total contempt for its customers

A

Ag005613
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's blinking well down again...and tv gubbed as well this time.

Really not impressed with this. Have logged a complaint from the last time and also not had a response.

0 Kudos
Vxrdilly
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
fedupofthis
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This really isnt good enough VM. A total outage for the second Saturday in two weeks and this time the TV as well. And at a time when we have guests. Thats now £40 I have had to spend on mifi cards that I want back.
0 Kudos